W Students Attending Other Institutions

Students may take classes at another accredited college or university while simultaneously enrolled at The W, and the academic credits earned can be transferred. However, only those credits that conform to The W’s standards and requirements will be accepted. Official transcripts for such course work must be filed with The W’s Registrar at the completion of the term of enrollment. Students are responsible for requesting these transcripts and for paying all related charges. Students planning to take courses at other institutions should secure in advance the approval of the Department Chair/Program Director and Dean of the appropriate College.

Undergraduate Transfer Substitution Form (.pdf)

Graduate Transfer Substitution Form (.pdf)

Transfer Equivalency Tool

Our Transfer Equivalency Tool allows you to enter the courses you’ve taken at other colleges and universities to see how they would be applied at The W and what courses you need to take to graduate.

Check Transfer Credits

Note: The Transfer Equivalency Tool is for informational purposes. All transfer credits are subject to evaluation by the Office of the Registrar.

Community College Transfer Students

Articulation Agreements

The Articulation Agreement between the Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning and the Mississippi State Board for Community and Junior Colleges provides a guide for students planning to transfer from one of Mississippi’s community/junior colleges to one of Mississippi’s eight public universities.The agreement contains programs of study with courses appropriate for transfer.

Current Mississippi Public Universities Articulation Agreement

Community College Course Transfer Guides

Mississippi Community College Course Transfer Guide

Alabama Community College Course Transfer Guide

International Transfer Work

International transcripts must be certified and translated into English through SpanTran or another credentialing service approved by the university.