Time & Location
Mississippi University for Women’s Spring Commencement exercises will be held on July 28, 2023.
Degrees will be conferred in Rent Auditorium in Whitfield Hall on The W’s campus.
- There will be no commencement rehearsal.
- Each graduate will receive six tickets.
- There will be no extra tickets. No general admission seating, and no one (including infants and children) will be admitted without a ticket. The Nissan Auditorium located in Parkinson Hall will be open on campus to view live stream broadcast.
- The only regalia that students will be permitted to wear at Commencement is the regalia (caps, gowns, hoods) issued from The W bookstore and honor cords issued by the Registrar’s Office. Students are not allowed to wear other cords, pins, medallions, sashes, etc. of sororities, fraternities, etc. Students are not allowed to decorate their mortar board (cap) in any way.
- As of right now, masks are encouraged but not required. This is subject to change.
The only regalia that students will be permitted to wear at Commencement is the regalia (caps, gowns, hoods) issued from Barnes & Noble and honor cords issued by the Registrar’s Office. You are not allowed to wear other cords, pins, medallions, sashes, etc. of sororities, fraternities, etc. You are not allowed to decorate your mortar board (cap) in any way.
Gold honor cords, for first bachelor degree students whose current cumulative and W grade point averages are 3.50 and above, will be distributed on the day of commencement at the ticket pickup location. Blue honor cords will be distributed to students with Departmental Honors. Honors read for commencement are based on current GPAs (at the conclusion of the fall semester). However, honors printed on diplomas and transcripts will be based on final calculations.
Diplomas for degrees awarded will be mailed once all degrees have been conferred.
The deadline for submission of transfer work to the Office of the Registrar is August 18, 2023. Please notify faculty involved from other campuses of this deadline and request their assistance. If an official transcript will not be available by this date, please notify The W Registrar's Office no later than August 18, 2023. Please note that transfer credit will be added to your W record and your degree will be posted only upon receipt of an official transcript. You will not graduate if official transcripts of grades are not received, and you must reapply for your degree.
The deadline for candidates to clear University accounts is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to Commencement. Offices included are University Accounting (Comptroller), Housing, Health Center, Library, Registrar, Student Affairs and Campus Police. Diplomas and/or transcripts will not be issued to candidates until all accounts are cleared.
GradImages will take pictures of all graduates as they cross the stage. GradImages will send proofs to each graduate directly. Contact information for GradImages: (800) 261-2576, www.gradimages.com, email@example.com