Transfer Credits

General Transfer Guidelines

All academic credit is evaluated by the Office of the Registrar, employing the current standards and policies of Mississippi University for Women. Academic credit can only be transferred from another institution of higher learning, which, at the time of the student’s coursework, was fully licensed by a regional accrediting association. The W uses recognized sources which aid in the evaluation of credit. These guides are published by the American Council on Education and the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. If the transfer institution uses a 4.0 or modified 4.0 grading scale, then academic credit is transferred, and grades assigned accordingly. Other grading systems are converted to the 4.0 scale.

Transferable community college coursework is accepted at the freshman and sophomore level but may not be used to satisfy junior and senior level requirements. Community college transfer students must earn at least 25% of their hours from The W in order to be eligible for any baccalaureate degree. Credit for technical courses can be transferred only for the Bachelor of Applied Science degree for students who have earned an Associate of Applied Science degree. Such technical courses cannot be used toward any other degree offered at Mississippi University for Women. Transfer students who wish to receive a degree from Mississippi University for Women must complete at least 50% of the credit hours required in both their major and their minor in residence at The W.

Transfer Credit

For student who took classes at another college or university.
For students who have served in the Armed Forces.
For students entering a professional program (law, engineering, dental, veterinary).
For students who have taken the AP, IB, CLEP, or Bypass Exams.