The W & Copiah-Lincoln Community College

A Noteworthy Partnership

Copiah-Lincoln Community College logo with The W logo

The W's School of Education has a Partnership Pathway with Copiah-Lincoln Community College that allows students studying Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education at Co-Lin to continue their bachelor's degree studies online through The W.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the name of the degree I will receive?

Depending which pathway you choose, you will earn either a Bachelor Science in Elementary Education or a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Development. It is granted by Mississippi University for Women and is offered through the University's School of Education.

Do I have to live within driving distance of the The W campus to complete this degree?

Students closer to Columbus may choose to take classes on the The W campus.  However, through a partnership with Co-Lin Community College, students may take a majority of their courses online and complete supervised student teaching hours within elementary schools in Wesson and surrounding areas. While we hope to see all of our students on campus, particularly for major events that include graduation commencement, Co-Lin transfer students may complete the Elementary Education degree without having to drive to The W campus.

How much does this program cost?

Consult the The W Tuition and Fees information. 

Are financial aid opportunities available?

Yes, please call (662) 329-7114 or visit The W's Office of Financial Aid website for more information.

I am about to finish my coursework at Copiah-Lincoln Community College. What do I do now?

Please visit the Office of Admissions website or call (662) 329-7106 to begin the application process.

I still need to take one or two Co-Lin courses. Can I still transfer?

Yes, students transferring from Co-Lin to the W may be admitted while completing coursework at Co-Lin. Additionally, transfer students may finish any remaining general education courses through the W while they are taking their Elementary Education major courses.

Can I attend a different school besides WAC?

The supervised teaching experiences for students in the Wesson area have been established through a partnership with the Wesson Attendance Center. Students may complete their supervised teaching at other locations partnered with the W, particularly in the Columbus area. Please contact the School of Education at (662) 329-7191 for further information.

Can I order my textbooks early instead of waiting for the first day of class?

Students may order textbooks before classes begin. Students may select “View Books” in the course schedule for textbook details or may contact the program contact the School of Education at (662) 329-7191 for further information.

Who pays for the background check?

Background checks are included in student course fees. No additional payment is required.

I have specific questions about the Education programs at The W.  Who can I call?

Please call the School of Education at (662) 329-7191 or e-mail Brittany Hunnicutt at


Should any information within the guide conflict with the University’s Undergraduate Bulletin, the graduation requirements as stated in the Bulletin shall prevail.

*Updated July 2020 - SOE