Unit Manager Information
Maintained by Human Resources. Last Updated September 14, 2017.
PROCEDURES FOR STAFF RECRUITMENT/HIRING
(See PS 1301 for Faculty Recruitment/Hires. Academic Affairs has the responsibility for placing faculty position ads.)
- Unit manager/Department Head (UM/DH) with vacancy should determine the job description is up to date for the open position. If the open position job description needs to be updated or the salary grade needs to be re-evaluated, UM/DH should complete a Job Evaluation Packet found on the Human Resources Forms website. http://www.muw.edu/images/admin/admin/hr/current/forms/jdevlpacket082013.doc
- Once the UM/DH has the approved job description with salary grade, he should begin adding the posting to PeopleAdmin. (See PeopleAdmin Instructions below.)
- PeopleAdmin provides the approval process by the appropriate next levels.
- After receiving all of the approvals in PeopleAdmin, HR verifies that the posting has all of the correct information and then posts the position. The position appears on the MUW website. https://muw.peopleadmin.com/
- HR will provide assistance in writing ads and recommending sources. However, the placement and payment of the ad is the responsibility of the department with the vacancy. It is not required that ads be placed off-campus. Human Resources should be contacted before any ads are placed off-campus.
- All applications must be sent through the PeopleAdmin system and are available to the hiring manager and search committee, when appropriate.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING PEOPLEADMIN
Instructions for using PeopleAdmin to post and hire for Faculty and Non-Faculty positions are here.
Instructions for using PeopleAdmin to post and hire for Student Worker positions are here.
SECURITY CAMERAS: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES
The administrative Procedures for the use of Security Cameras can be found on the MUW Police Department Website here.