Academics are at the heart of a W education. Our dedicated faculty, respected in their fields, champion a commitment to teaching shaped by their research, scholarship, and creative expressions. Partnered with an equally committed staff, they foster a learning environment that is both broad and highly personalized. For the W, academic excellence results in graduates who are equipped for the competitive and diverse global economy.
- Provide a comprehensive academic experience
- Prepare students to be life-long learners and contributing members of today’s global economy
- Provide resources to foster excellence in teaching
- Recruit and retain a diverse faculty and staff
A strength of any institution is the level of engagement with those it serves. At The W, that includes a diversity of constituents: students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends, the community, and elected officials. By cultivating these relationships, we build support critical to the future of The W. One important outcome of valued relationships is the continued generosity of our larger W family, providing resources that allow us to improve quality across all aspects of the institution.
- Continue a culture of giving
- Foster pride in the university and its programs
- Offer more programming representative of diverse alumni base
- Provide resources to assist students financially
- Enhance services to shape career-ready graduates
The W’s unique niche is not confined by geographic boundaries. By serving its communities through programs and partnerships, both locally and globally, the university will continue to communicate its value and explore ways to create significant impact through its areas of strength. It should also identify innovative and diverse approaches that enhance health, quality of life, cultural enrichment, and society’s overall economic potential.
- Cultivate collaborations to create healthy and vibrant communities.
- Provide outreach to underserved and diverse populations of our communities
- Forge meaningful and engaged partnerships that provide real-life experiences for students
- Contribute to the cultural enrichment of our communities
The W recognizes that Degree Completion requires recruitment, retention, and support through graduation and into a career. We aim to provide wholistic support for all students throughout their time at the university.
- Recruit a diverse student body to ensure a vital university community
- Provide equal access to advising, mentoring, and support services to all students
- Assist students to maintain financial, physical, emotional, and mental well-being
- Support students through degree completion and into their careers
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The W is on a mission to create a welcoming, diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus climate for all. As the university strives to reach the highest levels of academic excellence, it’s also essential that the university foster an environment where all members of the campus community can flourish. Diversity recognizes the value of varied perspectives which helps drive innovative solutions to an ever-changing world.
- Create an inclusive and equitable campus climate reflective of the growing diversity in our communities, state and nation
- Communicate mission and or vision statement on inclusive values
- Connect internal and external constituencies to opportunities at the university
- Capture, promote and enhance overall curriculum and programming that enhances multicultural awareness and understanding
A financial model supports the efforts and goals of academics, student services, and the campus as a whole. The W’s mission-driven approach involves clear strategic planning and actions that ensure the ongoing financial health of the University.
- Develop a strategic budget model
- Enhance and maintain campus infrastructure and facilities
- Invest in faculty and staff hiring and development