Support Fant Memorial Library
Your monetary gift to Friends of the Library supports library events, such as the "Meet the Author Series" and NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and allows us to continually invest in new technologies and resources for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Giving to the Undergraduate Research Fund allows the library's Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) to fund the Undergraduate Research Symposium, the Summer Scholars Program, and mentor development. Find out more about the Office of Undergraduate Research.
Fant Library is happy to accept book donations which meet the criteria of the Library’s Collection Development Policy. In general this includes books which support current curriculum and the research needs of our students and faculty. The Library encourages the donation of recent scholarly titles and classics in subjects currently taught. Items which are donated to the general collection will be available for patrons to browse and checkout.
Terms of Acceptance
- Donated items will not be accepted without a completed Deed of Gift form.
- The Library will evaluate all gift items using the same methods and criteria applied to items considered for purchase
- The Library does not conduct appraisal of any donated materials and will not assign value to any donated item
- Donations of more than 10 items require prior approval by the Dean of the Library
- Donations made to Fant Memorial Library become university property at the time of transfer.
- The university is not liable for damage or loss to the donation.
Items Generally Not Accepted for Circulating Library Collections
- Most magazines and newspapers
- Commercial media such as CDs, VHS tapes, and DVDs
- Duplicates of current collection items or titles superseded by current collection items
- Items in poor physical condition and/or containing mold
- Annuals except 1903, 1910, 1943, or 2000 Meh Lady Yearbooks
For donations of rare books, manuscripts, personal papers, or other items, please consult the Beulah Culbertson Archives and Special Collections.