Spacious and elegant, Hastings-Simmons Hall is home to female upperclassmen at The W.
Constructed in 1900, the historic building provides students with suite-style rooms with living rooms and kitchenettes in each suite. Each room has a private bath. Residents have access to amenities such as 1GB/s ethernet, and free wireless internet connectivity.
Residents in Hastings-Simmons are located in the beautiful North Campus community, overlooking Shattuck Lawn. Hastings-Simmons is immediately adjacent to Poindexter Music Hall and the Culinary Arts Institute. Most academic buildings on campus are less than a 10 minute walk from Hastings-Simmons Hall.
Originally named for Olivia Hastings, an early leader in the movement to establish a state supported college for women. This building was then rededicated in October, 1994 as Hastings-Simmons Hall in honor of Miriam Q. Simmons, MUW alumna who served as a member of the Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning and a member of the Mississippi House of Representatives.
Historic North Campus