Freshman Leadership Community
This community, housed in Kincannon Hall, offers freshmen the opportunity to expand their leadership knowledge and find their place as a leader on our campus. Students with leadership experience and potential can continue that development in a community of like-minded students and upper-class mentors.
Sign up to be part of the Leadership Community
If you believe this opportunity is the right fit for you, take a few minutes to fill out the interest form.
The deadline to apply is February 28th. Students selected for the Freshman Leadership Community will be notified by mid-March. Housing assignments for the Freshman Leadership Community will be made by April 1st. Please know that this Freshman Leadership Community is on a first come-first served basis.
Requirements of Leadership Community Members after acceptance
Students in the Leadership living-learning community will participate for their freshman year will and will:
- Take part in special Blues Week programming.
- Enroll in a leadership seminar course for credit (LDR 101)
- 1 hour academic credit course focused on your leadership style and development
- Meet on Wednesdays from 3:30 pm-4:20 pm
- Receive involvement coaching from the Student Life team and become involved in university life by participating in campus programming and student organizations
- Support each other by living and studying together in Kincannon Hall
- Be supported by professional mentors, focused on elevating your experience