Mission, Vision, and Goals
Office of Housing & Residence Life
Housing and Residence Life strives to provide a safe, comfortable, and affordable student-centered community that promotes human awareness, in addition to the personal development and academic success of each student.
- Promote safety consciousness and ensure for the safety and security of all residents and facilities.
- Offer an exceptional level of customer service that respects the diversity of all people.
- Guarantee quality cost-effective measures in the development of programs, events, services, resources.
- Provide programs and events which promote responsibility, accountability as well as social/emotional, intellectual, physical, spiritual and diversity development.
- Develop policies and processes that can be measured and evaluated.
Housing and Residence Life has outlined the following goals:
- Increase enrollment of students living in the residence halls.
- Maintain the appearance of all residential facilities.
- Develop and implement a sound programming model that supports the learning objectives of the university.
- Cultivate services and resources that appeal to students and remain competitive in the technology market.
- Foster the development of new learning communities within the halls.
- Strengthen relationships with community agencies, such as the police and fire department to train Housing staff and deepen safety knowledge amongst residential students.
- Encourage relationship building with offices on campus to promote cohesive working dynamics.
- Further the development of diversity awareness.
- Market all programs, events and services in order to aid in the recruitment and retention of students.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention plan of the university.
- Build and sustain a strong camps and conference/summer housing operation.
- Endorse sound policies and processes that endorse responsibility and accountability.
- Offer for cost-effective housing while maintaining superior services.
- Adopt leadership opportunities geared towards self-awareness and promoting critical thinking.
- Support and promote opportunities for student organization development and growth.
- Advocate for timely and effective communication with all constituencies.
- Promote professionalism in all areas as it relates to correspondence, presentation and daily operations.