• 1
  • 2
  • 3

Professional Licensure Disclosure

Certain programs at Mississippi University for Women prepare students to apply for applicable licensure and/or certification examinations in the state of Mississippi.  In order to comply with regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Education regarding professional licensure, The W is required to make the following disclosure with respect to professional licensure outside the state of Mississippi.

Approval by the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) does not extend to programs that lead to professional licensure. The licensure boards in individual states are responsible for establishing the requirements for licensure/certification for their state.  If you live outside the state of Mississippi and are considering a program that leads to licensure, you should contact the appropriate licensing board in your home state before applying to The W. These boards serve as the authorities on the eligibility of an individual to sit for licensure based on the rules and regulations in place at the time the individual submits their applications for licensure.

NC-SARA maintains a list of general contact information for state licensure boards to assist students in their regulatory compliance.  Programs customarily leading to licensure at MUW include the following:

Nursing: https://publish.smartsheet.com/f09beb91e1ef4e31980126505e1a4b81

Teacher Education: https://publish.smartsheet.com/4dfcb6a0284545ee895980a8c8b71432

Accounting: https://nasba.org/stateboards/ (maintained by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy)

 If you are having difficulty contacting an agency in your state, please contact MUW's Office of Academic Affairs at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.