The W receives top honors at CPRAM Awards Banquet
The Office of University Relations and the Office of Athletic Communications at Mississippi University for Women secured five first place awards, among nine other awards, at the annual College Public Relations Association of Mississippi (CPRAM) Awards Banquet.
“Congratulations to our talented and dedicated communications team. It is an honor to have our work recognized by our peers,” said Anika Mitchell Perkins, executive director of University Relations. “We also are proud of the opportunities to tell The W story through our students, faculty, staff and alumni.”
University staff members competed in the senior division, which includes all of the state’s public and private four-year colleges and universities. The awards were announced Monday, May 21 during the 2023 CPRAM Annual Conference in Oxford.
CPRAM, a consortium of public relations professionals employed at Mississippi’s higher education institutions, including public and private colleges, universities, and affiliated education agencies, serves as the premier platform for recognizing outstanding achievements in the field of public relations.
University staff award winners include: Dave Beyer, director of athletics communications; Chris Jenkins, university photographer; Adam Minichino, communication specialist; Rich Sobolewski, director of web communications; Erik Studdard, graphic artist; and Tyler Wheat, director of communications.
First- Place Winners:
- Brochure–“Discover Campus Life at The W,” Erik Studdard
- Website–www.muw.edu/musicbywomen, Rich Sobolewski
- Sports Promo/Hype Video–“International Owl Awareness Day,” Dave Beyer, Chris Jenkins, President Nora Miller, Daniel Talley, Zachary’s, Mayor Keith Gaskin, Columbus Fire Station #1
- Sports Photograph–“MUW Baseball vs. Greenville,” Chris Jenkins
- Sports News Story–“Owls Softball 3rd at USCAA,” Dave Beyer
- Single Piece of Artwork–“The W Welty Gala Invite 22,” Erik Studdard
- Advertisement–“The W Progress Ad–Be Bold,” Erik Studdard, Chris Jenkins
- Sports Feature Story–“Are you Ody Owl Aware?” Dave Beyer
- Digital Art/Photo Illustration–“Star Wars Day Splash Page,” Erik Studdard, Chris Jenkins, Daniel Talley, Dave Beyer
- Feature Story–“The Heart of the Matter,” Tyler Wheat
- Website–www.muw.edu/nursing, Rich Sobolewski
- Public Relations Campaign–“Be Bold, Tower with Blue,” Rich Sobolewski, Adam Minichino, Chris Jenkins, Erik Studdard, Tyler Wheat
- Sports News Story–“Owls Golf 2nd at USCAA,” Dave Beyer
- Single Piece of Artwork–“Year 2 Report Cover,” Dave Beyer