Child and Parent Development Center
THE RIGHT START
Our mission is to offer a high quality neighborhood preschool that works collaboratively with parents and our University community to ensure every preschooler learns and grows in a nurturing and fun environment, setting the foundation for a lifelong love of education and success in school and life.
Our primary goals include teaching children to:
- Grow in understanding and appreciation of their friends
- Learn to listen and follow directions
- Enjoy creative expression through music, art, and other activities
- Have positive multicultural experiences and learn to embrace diverse backgrounds
- Develop gross motor skills along with body and space awareness
- Think and make choices for individual and small group activities
- Feel confident, secure, and loved in the school setting
- Establish healthy eating and handwashing habits
- Develop a lifelong love for learning and exploration
CPDC (Child and Parent Development Center) is a laboratory school part of the Division of Education and Outreach on the Campus of Mississippi University for Women. The MUW campus has provided high quality early childhood education services since 1929.
- Licensed by the MSDOH
- 2018 Special Needs Preschool Credential from USM’s MECIC
- We follow NAEYC Guidelines with a 5-Year plan for NAEYC Certification
- We follow MDE State Early Learning Guidelines and Standards
- We use ITERS-R and ECERS-R Guidelines for Classrooms
- We are a verified 2018 standard center with the State of Mississippi, which is a step above licensing. We are working on becoming the highest level comprehensive center.
- We accept Mississippi Child Care Certificates for Payment
- Benefited Teachers/Early Childhood Professionals with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in every classroom