Student Accommodation FAQs
- How can I send my medical documentation?
You may send your documentation through one of the following options: signed letter, e-mail, or fax. The Student Support Specialist will follow up by phone with the medical/mental health professional to authenticate the documentation.
- When do I get to do my accommodation paperwork?
Once the Student Success Center has received your application and authenticated your documentation, you will receive a phone call to schedule your follow up appointment.
- When will my accommodations go into effect?
Your plan goes into effect when both you and the Student Support Specialist sign the form. The plan is not retroactive.
- After I sign, how are my professors informed?
I will inform your professors by e-mail with your accommodation plan attached. It is your choice whether or not to approach your professors to notify them in person.
- How do I route my test to the center?
It is your responsibility for each test to fill out a test routing form. Please see the link below. This link not only provides you with the form, but also details on the process. After you submit the paperwork, it is your professor’s responsibility to complete the test routing process.
- Do I have to sign my accommodation plan every semester?
Accommodation plans are on a semester by semester bases. It will be your responsibility to come to the SSC to sign in person or digitally sign your paperwork by e-mail.
- Is there a certain time frame when I can sign up for accommodations?
You may disclose and apply for accommodations at any time throughout the year, but the plan only goes into effect when both you and the Student Support Specialist sign the documents.