The W seeks to resolve concerns and complaints fairly and in a timely fashion. Current or prospective MUW students who have a complaint may submit their concerns to the appropriate department as described in Section 7.4 Student Complaint Procedures ( of the MUW Student Handbook. Students should exhaust internal avenues of complaint resolution prior to pursuing external options.

If a complaint cannot be resolved through the internal complaints process, students may file a complaint with the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation using the MCCA Student Complaint Form ( within two years of the incident. If the complaint is outside of MCCA’s jurisdiction, it may be directed to another agency that is authorized to address the concerns, if appropriate.

Mississippi students taking online courses may also contact the Attorney General:

Mississippi Consumer Protection Division
Office of the Attorney General
State of Mississippi
PO Box 22947
Jackson, Mississippi 39225-2947
Mississippi Consumer Protection Complaint Form

Students may also send concerns to the MUW’s regional accrediting agency, SACSCOC, should a complaint not be resolved through the internal complaints process.  The complainant should follow the policy and procedures outlined in SACSCOC Policy Statement: Complaints against SACSCOC or Its Accredited Institutions (

Students may also contact the appropriate agency in their state of residency. Please use the link below to access a list of agencies, organized by state.