Master of Arts in Teaching
Become a Teacher!
MAT is an alternative licensure opportunity to teach in Mississippi secondary schools (grades 7-12).
- Build on your Bachelor’s Degree.
- Participate from anywhere in the 100% online program.
- Eligible to teach in Mississippi after successful completion of 6 hours.
- Paid internship with coaching and support.
- Earn a master’s degree within two years.
MAT Certification Areas
Begin MAT Program as an Undergraduate
Undergraduates at The W who are in a MAT certification subject can take the first two courses of the MAT program in the last year of their undergraduate program.
- ED 549: Instructional Assessment Practices & Procedures
- ED 551: Managing the Instructional Environments
Students completing these courses at the undergraduate level are eligible for a Mississippi Educator 3-year Nonrenewable Alternate Route License. These courses will count towards an MAT.
*Updated September 2019 - DEO