Nutrition & Wellness Emphasis
What we eat is a critical part of a healthy lifestyle. Students in the emphasis will take a combination of health and culinary courses on weight management, chronic diseases, public health, and epidemics.
Students interested in pursuing a Nutrition & Wellness emphasis should take the following courses in addition to the bachelor of science degree requirements and the culinary arts major requirements.
- FN 247 - Nutrition and Physical Activity in Weight Management
- FN 345 - Nutrition & Chronic Disease
- FN 355 - Nutrition Through the Life Cycle
- HED 101 - Personal and Community Health
Select two from the following: (6 Semester Hours)
- HED 240 - Introduction to Public Health
- HED 314 - Principles of Epidemiology
- HED 316 - Chronic Disease and Public Health
- HED 325 - Global Health
- FN 499 - Selected Topics in Nutrition