Culinary Management Emphasis
Designed for a student interested in managing a kitchen or owning their own restaurant. Courses included marketing, accounting, and law courses which relate specifically to business side of the culinary world.
Students interested in pursuing a Culinary Management emphasis should take the following courses in addition to the bachelor of science degree requirements, and the culinary arts major requirements.
- CA 260 - Introduction to Culinary Management
- CA 361 - Accounting and Finance for Culinary Ventures
OR ACC 211 - Principles of Accounting I
- CA 362 - Business Law for Culinary Managers
OR PLG 241 - The Legal Environment of Business
- CA 363 - Culinary Service Design and Management
- CA 365 - Applied Human Resource Management for Culinary Businesses
- CA 460 - Seminar in Culinary Entrepreneurship
- CA 490 - Gender and Culinary Entrepreneurship
- CA 492 - Service Business Operations and Strategy
- CA 499 - Selected Topics in Culinary Entrepreneurship