Mississippi University for Women is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoratal degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Mississippi University for Women.
If you have questions about the SACSCOC accreditation process, please contact:
Ms. Carla Lowery
Chief Information Officer
Reneau Hall 116
Mississippi University for Women
Mississippi University for Women is authorized by the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA) to offer and award postsecondary academic degrees.
Distance Learning & State Authorization
The US Department of Education requires that any institution offering distance education courses and programs to students outside of the institution's home state must acquire authorization from the states in which those students reside. The W has been approved by the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation to participate in the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As a participating institution, The W is authorized to offer distance education courses and programs to residents of other NC-SARA member states without seeking state-by-state approval.
For normal inquiries regarding Mississippi University for Women, such as admission requirements, financial aid, or academic programs, please contact MUW directly by phone at 662-329-4750 or 877-462-8439, or visit the Web site at www.muw.edu for additional information and contacts.
In addition, specific programs are accredited by the following:
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)
- National Association of Schools of Arts and Design (NASAD)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)