Our mission is to promote responsibility and standards of conduct for Mississippi University for Women students through a fair and objective process. By fostering concepts of fairness, civility, and encouraging personal responsibility, our office strives to ensure a safe and healthy campus community.
The Vice President for Student Affairs office is responsible for adjudicating cases of alleged individual and organizational violations of the code of student conduct. Our educational approach to addressing behavior is in a manner consistent with our core values of fairness, honesty, and integrity while promoting the university's educational mission.
The office strives to:
- protect student rights
- help foster a safe and secure educational environment
- uphold the standards of the university community
- establish accountability for student choices
- maintain an equitable and inclusive process that promotes mutual respect
- foster ethical standards and critical thinking and decision-making
- assist in the development of students into productive citizens