Below are funding opportunities for students. Funding opportunities for faculty supporting undergraduate research can be found in under Faculty Resources.
Federal Work Study – OUR
Students who are eligible for Federal Work Study can apply to work with a faculty research mentor and get paid to research for up to 20 hours per week, earning valuable work experience for future opportunities. Faculty mentors vary with availability.
- Faculty mentors apply with this form
- Students eligible submit a FWS application through the Office of Financial Aid. New applications are accepted in the spring of each year.
MUWAA Research Grants
Thanks to the commitments of the MUW Alumni Association to support undergraduate research experiences, the OUR can offer up to $500 of funding per semester for students conducting or proposing to conduct research. Information on who is eligible and how to apply is below!
Who is eligible: students who are proposing a research project or have one in-progress
How much: Up to $500 in each semester, or more if funds are available
Deadlines: rolling, no less than one month prior to disbursement of funds
Review Process: Submissions will be reviewed and voted upon by the Undergraduate Research Advisory Committee on a monthly basis. Committee meetings typically occur on the last Friday of the month.
Examples of what can be funded
- Equipment for research (books, lab equipment, etc.)
- Travel, lodging to conduct or present research
- Conference registration fees
- Incentives for survey research
- …and more (Not sure if what you need counts? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Students will submit an application via email to email@example.com. You will need:
- Name, class, and major
- 300-500 word statement on the research project that requires funding
- Faculty advisor name and email
- 1-page letter of support from faculty advisor for the project
- An itemized budget for the request (See example below)
|Contains background information and methodologies for project
|Cell line for experimentation described in statement
|For growing the tissue cultures
|$7.95 for a package of 5
Peyton Internship Scholarship
Scholarship available to History majors who have been accepted into a history-related internship program which will be undertaken for academic credit. These scholarships are intended to help defray the costs of travel, living expenses, and/or tuition related to the internship that would not otherwise be incurred by students during their regular attendance at the university.
Nancy Yates Fellowships
Currently-enrolled MUW students interested in participating in community engagement, Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs), or pre-professional internships can apply for a Nancy Yates fellowship. For a list of optional REUs and internships, see OUR Internship Opportunities. Fellowships are available to honors and non-honors students. Applications will be open for submission in January.
- Community Engagement Program application deadlines are March 8. Successful applicants will be paired with a Community Partner.
- REU fellowship applications are due May 1.
- Internship applications are due May 1.