Deadline to apply
Applications to participate in Summer Scholars will be accepted on an ongoing basis each year. Preference will be given to applications submitted before February 1st, and applications received after this date will be reviewed as funds are available until April 1st.
Each application should be sent (with materials as .doc or .pdf attachments) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline posted. Applications should include:
- A brief letter from a faculty mentor, stating:
- They have discussed this opportunity with the student,
- They are willing to serve as a mentor,
- And this is either a 5-week research project or a 10-week research project
- A one-page proposal of the project’s intended goals for the duration of the summer program.
- Include a description of the project
- List what you hope to accomplish in 5 or 10 weeks (e.g. a literature review, survey design, lab work, an annotated bibliography, draft of a creative work, etc.)
For examples of student work, or for more questions, call or email Hillary Richardson, Coordinator of Undergraduate Research (662-329-7334 or email@example.com).