We are so excited you are interested in getting involved in research and inquiry! If you’ve never done anything like this before, that’s ok! The OUR is here to help you. Here are a few ways to get you started:
- Talk to the OUR! The OUR is located in Fant Memorial Library, and you can stop by to talk to the Coordinator, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 662-329-7334.
- See what’s happening. We have lists of opportunities both on and off campus:
- Check the WConnect Portal for announcements about OUR events and opportunities, or follow the OUR on Facebook and Instagram.
- Participate in or attend campus events that highlight the work of researchers!
- OUR events are posted to the website, and previously-recorded workshops can be found on our Youtube Playlist
- Honors Forum events are open to campus and showcase research
- Department events – check the university calendar for upcoming events!
- Apply for Summer Scholars– a summer term of independent research
- Present your work (a term paper, a poster, a case study, etc.!) at the Undergraduate Research Conference in the spring
- Share your research experience and become a featured researcher on the OUR website
Undergraduate Research Conference Resources:
- Research poster design tips, templates, and presentation help: libguides.muw.edu/researchposter.
- For a step-by-step instructions for submitting to AthenaCommons, click here.
- For examples of previously submitted proposals, click here.
- For full details on submitting and recording a remote presentation, click here.
- How to participate in the conference informational video: