Step 3 - Scholarships & Grants
Your application to The W and completed FAFSA will qualify you for Federal Grants and Institutional Scholarships, but there are still more financial aid opportunities for you.
- Departmental Scholarships - Scholarships awarded to specific majors. These scholarships have a separate application process.
- Legacy Scholarships - If your parent or grandparent went to The W, you qualify for an additional scholarship.
- Centenial Scholarship & Honors Scholarship - These prestigious scholarships are available to students participating the Ina E. Gordy Honors College.
- Peyton History Scholarship - This illustrious scholarship is available to students in The W's history program. It can be used to cover tuition, study abroad, and paid internships.
- Freshman Merit Scholarships - The Freshman Merit and International Freshman Merit Scholarships are awarded to students enrolling in the fall semester based on ACT/SAT scores and GPA.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to transfer students and early college high school students who are members of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society.
- EMCC Tuition Guarantee - Lowndes County (MS) residents who graduated from East Mississippi Community College or Golden Triangle Early College High School (GTECHS).
- State Grants - Like the Federal Grants, the State of Mississippi offers grants and scholarships to residents.
- Military-related Benefits - Special grants and scholarships exist for veterans and their families to help cover the costs of college without a loan.