Enrollment Policies and Procedures
The first step in the application process is a waiting list application.
CPDC maintains a waiting list electronically. Because we are a laboratory school, we strive to maintain a balance of ages, cultures, and ratio of boys to girls. We also strive to meet the needs of low income families and maintain a minimum of 50% low income ratio. When a vacancy occurs, priority is given in the following order:
- The need as based as determined by the CPDC teaching staff/director
- Priority siblings of current students, as long as the sibling remains enrolled at CPDC
- Children of MUW Students, followed by campus faculty and staff
- The community
The wait list serves to fill available slots that open during the school year, and does not guarantee a priority spot for the next school year.
The registration fee of $100 per child for preschool is payable yearly at the time of registration. All registration fees are non-refundable. Our school year runs August – July, including summer. The spot is not confirmed until registration fees have been paid.
- Existing students and siblings will register first.
- The wait list will be emailed and can register second. (First come first serve based on responses.)
- If spots are available, we will open for the Columbus public community in April.
- Existing families must register and pay all fees by the time of registration or their spot will be released for another child.
If spots are available, students may begin at any time, prorated for the day they begin. Otherwise, students will begin at the start of our school year in August. Our program runs August – July.
CPDC APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT
Parents are required to sign the CPDC Application for Enrollment before the child’s first day of class. These forms must be renewed before the first day of school in August.
This document is our binding contract for the entire August-July school year.