For non-communication major students interested in a focused study of mass media, journalism, or communication, the Department of Communication offers an 18-credit hour minor in Communication.
To earn a communication minor, students must complete and pass, with a grade of C or higher, at least eighteen hours of Communication courses.
- COM 102 – Introduction to Mass Communication
- COM 103 – Introduction To Media Technology
- COM 200 – Writing for the Media
- COM 325 – Visual Design
- COM 250 – Newsgathering -OR- COM 307 – Advanced Writing for the Media
- COM 310 – Digital Culture -OR- COM 320 – Mass Communication and Society