Safety in the Studio
Health and safety guidelines are distributed in class, based on the particular needs of a given studio or discipline. For more information specific to your area of study, please check the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) (Formerly known as MSDS) binders in each studio.
Additionally, we have compiled the following list of general information for up-to-date safety information.
- Art and Creative Materials Institute – Safety Art Hazards
- Art Safety Training Guide (Princeton University)
- CAMEO Conservation & Art Material Encyclopedia Online
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- TOXNET (United States National Library of Medicine)
- United States Department of Labor: Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- WISER – Chemical Information (National Library of Medicine)