Staff Council Textbook Scholarship
The Staff Council provides funding to help staff cover the cost of textbooks for W courses. The scholarship maximum is $250 to any one applicant in a single semester.
Criteria to be considered for the Textbook Scholarship:
- You must be a permanent full-time, non-faculty employee or a part-time, non-faculty employee of Mississippi University for Women to be considered for a textbook scholarship.
- Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- Priority given to degree seekers.
- Must be enrolled in a for-credit course at The W. Audited courses are not eligible.
- Priority will be given to full-time and part-time staff members with an annual salary of $35,000 or less.
- In order to be considered for the scholarship for a consecutive semester, you must successfully pass all courses in which you were enrolled in for the previous semester. (ie. Must pass all Fall courses to be considered for a Spring scholarship.)
- Submit the Staff Council Textbook Scholarship Application available on the Staff Council website.
- Applications will be accepted until all funds are awarded.
- A gift card not to exceed $250 will be awarded for use at the MUW Barnes and Noble bookstore.