Creating Healthy Communities
Public health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health.
The public health education Program at The W is offered fully online and develops professionals who work to promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health in the public and private sectors and at the local, state, and federal levels.
Because of the public health concerns in recent years, the need for more public health professionals has become evident. Public health professionals at the entry level will actively ensure that local, state, and federal health initiatives are implemented effectively. And when you are ready to take your career to the next level, The W offers a fully online masters in public health degree.
As a public health education major, you will take classes such as:
- Global Health
- Infectious Diseases in Public Health
- Public Health Interventions
- Fully online program
- Small Classes - most are under 20 students
- Transfer-Friendly University - apply your community college courses toward a bachelor's degree
- Personalized Advising - Faculty work with you one-on-one to schedule classes that meet your career goals