Teaching the Physical World
The physical sciences major is designed exclusively for students who wish to teach physical science (physics and/or chemistry) in middle school or high school. Your course work will focus on a combination of chemistry, physics, and professional education courses. The field of STEM education is one of the most rewarding professions. The W's Division of Education offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees to help you maximize your understanding of teaching, leading, and learning.
Upon graduation, you will have earned a secondary education license in the state of Mississippi.
As a chemistry major, you will take classes such as:
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- General Physics
- Education as a Profession
- Art & Science of Teaching
- The Computer & The Classroom
- Small Classes - most are under 20 students
- Transfer-Friendly University - apply your community college courses toward a bachelor's degree
- Personalized Advising - Faculty work with you one-on-one to schedule classes that meet your career goals