Create Your Path
The bachelor of fine arts program is a professional degree taught by highly qualified faculty with a focused attention on your work, like an art academy. The W officers top notch facilities, including multiple studio spaces all under one roof. The BFA program gives our students access to technology/materials, such as fully functioning mac lab, photo studios and film dark rooms, printmaking facilities, and clay studios. Our students enjoy 24 hours access to all of the studios, for when inspiration strikes in the middle of the night.
As a fine arts major, you will take classes such as:
- Figure Drawing
- Process Seminar
- Ceramics - The ceramics emphasis is designed to provide a learning environment and experience that prepares students for careers in ceramics. Students will learn various technical methods of clay construction, such as coil, slab, slip casting, and wheel to apply in traditional and nontraditional formats.
- Drawing & Painting - The drawing and painting curriculum provides students with an understanding of the evolution of representation, illusion and meaning through a range of media including graphite, charcoal, watercolor, acrylics and oil paint.
- Graphic Design - Our graphic design curriculum explores visual communication through creative problem solving. Students explore principles of visual literacy, typography and layout design by completing projects on logo design, branding, editorial design, illustration, publication design, packaging design and interactive design.
- Photography - Students exploring the photography curriculum engage in traditional analog/film and digital processes in a creative environment that emphasizes photographic seeing.
- Printmaking - Students studying in this emphasis focus on the creation of the printing matrix and the necessary skills needed to transfer an impression of the matrix to the printed surface.
- Small Classes - most are under 20 students
- Transfer-Friendly University - apply your community college courses toward a bachelor's degree
- Personalized Advising - Faculty work with you one-on-one to schedule classes that meet your career goals