Inspiring Future Leaders
Whether you have the desire to start your own business, manage a business or community organization, or work for a global corporation, The W offers a business degree option to meet your career goals. Our graduates have gained employment in a number of different organizations including government, non-profit, military, education, manufacturing, logistics, and beyond.
The W's College of Business and Professional Studies offers the bachelor of business administration (with concentrations in accounting, general business, health care management, human resources management, management, management information systems, and marketing, accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) which ensures adherence to strict academic standards for excellence. This acknowledgement enhances a program's ability to serve students by assuring a focus on quality.
As a business administration major, you will take classes such as:
- Legal Environment of Business
- Strategic Management
- Business Finance
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations & Production Management
- Accounting - The Accounting concentration trains students to analyze the operations of a business as well as to prepare and analyze financial reports that furnish current information for businesses, government agencies, and other organizations.
- General Business - The General Business concentration is designed for students who wish to obtain a breadth of knowledge in the fundamentals of business and offers students the opportunity to earn a degree in business without specializing in a particular field. Junior and Senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Health Care Management - The Health Care Management concentration provides students with the knowledge and skills to lead in the quickly expanding health services industry. The demand for leaders capable of improving the efficiency and quality of these services has never been greater due to a growing population, advances in medical technology, and insurance reform. Junior and Senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Human Resources Management - The Human Resource Management concentration is designed to prepare managers to enhance the value of personnel in pursuit of an organization's strategic objectives through implementation of sound practices in employee recruitment, hiring, training, appraisal, and compensation. Junior and Senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Management - The Management concentration is designed to train broadly competent administrators for service in a wide variety of organizations with an objective of developing future managers who are knowledgeable, adaptive, and ethical. Junior and Senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Management Information Systems - The Management Information Systems (MIS) concentration provides the skills necessary for analysis, design, implementation, and management of computer information systems needed to run an effective organization. Junior and Senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Marketing - The Marketing concentration prepares students not only to promote products in traditional ways, like sales, print ads, and television ads, but also to adapt to changing media such as Web development and new social networking mediums.
- Nonprofit Management - The Nonprofit Management concentration combines a solid business foundation with courses that will increase understanding of the nonprofit sector and the unique challenges that nonprofit leaders face.
- Sports Management - Students concentrating in Sports Management will develop an understanding of the business side of the sports, fitness, and recreation industries.
Making A Difference
Accounting major Peyton Lee volunteered with local families file their taxes. He and his classmates saved 121 families a total of nearly $300,000 in refunds and tax preparations fees.
- Small Classes - most are under 20 students
- Transfer-Friendly University - apply your community college courses toward a bachelor's degree
- Personalized Advising - Faculty work with you one-on-one to schedule classes that meet your career goals