A Path to Higher Education
The bachelor of applied science in business administration allows students who have graduated with an associate of applied science degree from an approved technical field to transfer career and technical credit and have it count toward a baccalaureate degree. All major coursework can be completed online.
As a business administration major, you will take classes such as:
- Legal Environment of Business
- Strategic Management
- Business Finance
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations & Production Management
- Culinary Management - Designed for a student interested in managing a kitchen or owning their own restaurant. Courses included marketing, accounting, and law courses which relate specifically to business side of the culinary world.
- General Business - The general business concentration is designed for students who wish to obtain a breadth of knowledge in the fundamentals of business and offers students the opportunity to earn a degree in business without specializing in a particular field. Junior and senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Health Care Management - The health care management concentration provides students with the knowledge and skills to lead in the quickly expanding health services industry. The demand for leaders capable of improving the efficiency and quality of these services has never been greater due to a growing population, advances in medical technology, and insurance reform. Junior and senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Human Resources Management - The human resource management concentration is designed to prepare managers to enhance the value of personnel in pursuit of an organization's strategic objectives through implementation of sound practices in employee recruitment, hiring, training, appraisal, and compensation.
- Legal Administration - Designed for the student who wishes to use their business degree in a legal setting. Students will take courses focusing on the unique areas of the legal profession.
- Management - The management concentration is designed to train broadly competent administrators for service in a wide variety of organizations with an objective of developing future managers who are knowledgeable, adaptive, and ethical. Junior and senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Management Information Systems - The management information systems (MIS) concentration provides the skills necessary for analysis, design, implementation, and management of computer information systems needed to run an effective organization. Junior and senior years can be completed entirely online.
- Marketing - The marketing concentration prepares students not only to promote products in traditional ways, like sales, print ads, and television ads, but also to adapt to changing media such as web development and new social networking mediums.
- Nonprofit Management - The Nonprofit Management concentration combines a solid business foundation with courses that will increase understanding of the nonprofit sector and the unique challenges that nonprofit leaders face.
- Sports Management - Students concentrating in Sports Management will develop an understanding of the business side of the sports, fitness, and recreation industries.
- Small Classes - most are under 20 students
- Transfer-Friendly University - apply your community college courses toward a bachelor's degree
- Personalized Advising - Faculty work with you one-on-one to schedule classes that meet your career goals