The Study of Life
The biological sciences offer a broad range of coursework and opportunities for students. The biology major starts with a collection of central biology courses then students branch out their studies through the a wide variety of advanced biological topics offered such as: plants, animals, ecology, physiology, anatomy, cell biology, molecular biology, microbiology and evolution.
As a biology major, you may take classes such as:
- Advanced Genetics
- Animal Behavior
- Plant Physiology and Biotechnology
- Protein Misfolding and Human Disease
- Pathogenic Microbiology
Optional Teaching Certificate
Students who wish to teach biology in middle school or high school can choose the teaching certificate track. You will take teacher training courses in addition to your subject classes. Upon graduation, you will have earned a secondary education license in the state of Mississippi.
- Small Classes - most are under 20 students
- Transfer-Friendly University - apply your community college courses toward a bachelor's degree
- Personalized Advising - Faculty work with you one-on-one to schedule classes that meet your career goals