Strategic Priorities and Goals 2016-2021
Dare. Dream. Achieve. Priorities at the W. Learn more about the process by visiting The W Priorities webpage.
The University will cultivate a culture of Advancement Excellence to strengthen engagement among its
- creating a culture of giving;
- establishing and maintaining affinity groups;
- fostering pride in University events and private giving; and
- increasing awareness of university programs and strengths.
The University will promote Regional Stewardship through partnerships across campus and the region by:
- cultivating collaborations that increase health and well-being;
- providing outreach to underserved populations;
- strengthening and expanding K-12 partnerships;
- contributing to the creative economy; and
- forging meaningful and engaged partnerships that provide real-life experiences for students.
The University will foster a 21st Century learning environment by:
- enhancing and effectively utilizing advanced instructional technologies;
- broadening educational opportunities and programs for the diverse student body;
- maintaining, enhancing and expanding international partnerships;
- increasing emphasis on diversity of faculty and staff;
- cultivating communities to create opportunities for academic engagement;
- fostering leadership development and a commitment to a safe ethical environment; and
- enhancing business processes and the campus infrastructure, ensuring continuing financial sustainability.
The University will cultivate a comprehensive approach that enhances retention, Completion and student success by:
- enhancing student advising, mentoring, and support services;
- recruiting a diverse student body to ensure a vital university community;
- providing resources to assist students with achieving and maintaining financial stability; and
- providing academic programs to meet the needs of today’s student and workforce.