We are very pleased to announce that ten of this year's symposium authors, including keynote author W. Ralph Eubanks, will appear in person; two will join us remotely via Zoom. All Symposium panels can be attended live and in-person in Rent Auditorium of Whtifield Hall. Masks will be required indoors, and social distancing will be maintained. Groups of up to four people who come together may sit together.
We ask that those attending in person RSVP using our online form. All panels will also be live streamed on our Eudora Welty Writers' Symposium group on Facebook for those who are unable to attend in person.
Eudora Welty Writers’ Symposium Schedule
Mississippi University for Women, Whitfield Hall, Rent Auditorium
Thursday, Oct. 21
7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Keynote reading: W. Ralph Eubanks, A Place Like Mississippi
- Book signing with all symposium authors
Friday, Oct. 22
9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Ashley M. Jones, Reparations Now!
- Becky Hagenston, The Age of Discovery
- Joshua Nguyen, Come Clean
- Angela Jackson-Brown, When Stars Rain Down*
1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Jack Bedell, Color All Maps New
- Annette Saunooke Clapsaddle, Even As We Breathe
- Kendra Allen, The Collection Plate
- Ephemera Prize Winners
- Welty Gala, Trotter Convention Center
Saturday, Oct. 23
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thomas Richardson, How to Read
- Casey Kayser, Marginalized, Welty Prize
- Josh Russell, King of the Animals
- Lee Durkee, The Last Taxi Driver