As you have probably been reading or hearing on the news, cases of COVID-19 are on the rise across the country and the state of Mississippi. There has been a recent uptick in the number of cases in The W community as well. We have reached levels not seen since the beginning of the semester.
We are nearing the end of the semester and the light at the end of the tunnel shines brighter with each passing day. To get to this point, it has taken an extraordinary effort on behalf of The W community to make the changes in daily practice necessary to keep our campus healthy. Our community should be so proud of how everyone has embraced health and safety protocols to make this semester possible.
With a little over a week to go in the semester, take a brief moment to remind ourselves of the keys to a strong finish.
Please be sure to:
- wear your mask or appropriate face covering except when alone in personal spaces.
- keep six or more feet between you and the nearest person at all times.
- wipe down surfaces between use.
- practice good hand washing and coughing/sneezing etiquette. Take the Coronavirus Self-Checker every morning.
- make yourself aware of options for testing should you believe you need one. Tests are available for free through our Campus Health Center and at various sites across the state from the Mississippi Department of Health (https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,21912,420,874.html).
Please contact the Campus Health Center (329-7289) should you suspect you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
With your continued vigilance, we know we can finish the semester strong. Remember that it is more than your health and safety. It is more than the health and safety of your classmates, colleagues, the local community, and the greater W community. It is also about the health and safety of the communities to which your classmates and colleagues will be returning over the break. Let us continue to practice the social responsibility that has served us so well this semester.
Good luck, stay safe, be healthy, and remain strong.
Be WISE (Willing to Interact in a Safe Environment)
The Campus Renewal Taskforce