Early Alert dates for Fall 2019:
- January 22, 2020 is the first day to submit
- February 19, 2020 is the last day to submit
The Early Alert Program is a proactive system of communication and collaboration between faculty, Student Success Center staff, and students. The program promotes academic success by:
- Identifying students experiencing difficulty with courses
- Encouraging students to attend classes and actively participate
- Providing resources as a support system to assist students holistically
- Developing a mindset that leads to further academic success
The mission of the Early Alert (EA) program is to provide MUW students with the tools to succeed academically by suggesting resources and support services during the student’s academic career. The EA program helps to identifiy students by contacting them and providing assistance to achieve academic goals. The EA program’s main objective is to improve retention and graduation rates of MUW students.
Midterm Early Alert Holds
Students whose midterm GPA falls below a 2.0 will have a hold placed on their Banner account. Midterm holds provide an opportunity for students to seek advice from their Student Success Navigator. Students are required to meet with their Student Success Navigator to work on an academic plan for student success. Once these meetings are held, the student’s Midterm hold will be released by the Student Success Center.