Who is eligible for services?
Students with certain medical conditions may be eligible to receive accommodations due to increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. A list of these conditions is available here (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html) and are itemized under the ‘Are At Increased Risk’ category. COVID-specific accommodations will be determined based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the student’s course schedule, campus residency status and the diagnosed condition.
- Identify themselves to the Student Success Center to initiate the accommodations process by filling out an accommodation request form
- Provide the Student Support Specialist with recent documentation of the medical conditon from a professional qualified to make a diagnosis
- Submit a copy of the accommodations plan to each professor from whom accommodations will be requested or request that the SSC notify the professor(s) via university email
- Maintain academic requirements of the university
- Understand and adhere to The W guidelines regarding students and their accommodations
- Refer students to the Student Support Specialist when appropriate
- Provide approved accommodations to students registered with the Student Support Specialist
- Maintain confidentiality of records concerning accommodated students