A financial model supports the efforts and goals of academics, student services, and the campus as a whole. The W’s mission-driven approach involves clear strategic planning and actions that ensure the ongoing financial health of the University.
GOAL: Develop a strategic budget modelThe W will continue to develop business practices to safeguard and enhance the financial health of the university. Our budget model will maintain a commitment to investing in new resources that ensure a successful student experience.
- Create opportunities for transparency and dialogue between all campus entities in university budget planning and priorities.
- Share objectives by department to create a long-range plan for supporting and growing academic programs to more deliberately enrich campus culture.
GOAL: Enhance and maintain campus infrastructure and facilitiesAs appropriate for an historic public regional university, The W will develop support for infrastructure and operations, including grants and other development opportunities to improve security, stability, and access, as well as to remain current with effective course delivery methods.
- Attract funding to modernize residence halls and academic buildings.
- Invest in creating accessibility in all campus buildings.
- Update the Master Plan for the university to address safety, traffic flow, parking, and other outstanding infrastructure needs.
GOAL: Invest in faculty and staff hiring and developmentThe W is committed to recruiting, hiring, and retaining a diverse and outstanding faculty and staff. To ensure this, we will work to pursue funding opportunities to enhance and create equitable salaries that are competitive with peer institutions across the region.
- Review salaries and support for faculty and staff across campus to create and execute a plan to address inequities and salary compression.
- Focus on educational opportunities and training to develop an outstanding and innovative campus staff.
- Expand opportunities for recruiting a diverse and outstanding faculty and staff.