Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The W is on a mission to create a welcoming, diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus climate for all. As the university strives to reach the highest levels of academic excellence, it is also essential that the university foster an environment where all members of the campus community can flourish. Diversity recognizes the value of varied perspectives, which helps drive innovative solutions to an ever-changing world.
- Conduct first university-wide climate survey.
- Develop toolkit for conducting search committees.
- Develop central diversity, equity and inclusion education and training resources for faculty, staff, and students designed to develop skills and behaviors that ultimately will enhance our campus climate.
- Create tab off homepage showcasing diversity efforts.
- Create diversity video from the president.
- Include diversity statement on publications.
- Promote affinity groups on campus.
- Educate vendors about bidding opportunities.
- Connect students with alumni.
- Promote academic and cultural programming, internally and externally.
- Promote Common Read Initiative (CRI), internally and externally.
- Cross reference themes and education in the classroom and/or programming, where appropriate.