Academics are at the heart of a W education. Our dedicated faculty, respected in their fields, champion a commitment to teaching shaped by their research, scholarship, and creative expressions. Partnered with an equally committed staff, they foster a learning environment that is both broad and highly personalized. For the W, academic excellence results in graduates who are equipped for the competitive and diverse global economy.
- Create additional synergies between admissions and academics for channeling new information about programs and actively promoting and recruiting for all majors.
- Create and sustain a diverse community of student scholars who challenge themselves academically, personally, and professionally.
- Create opportunities for synergies between academic programs and athletics.
- Provide academic units and campus organizations with resources necessary to prepare students to compete in a highly competitive employment market.
- Offer active-learning pedagogies and experiential opportunities such as residencies, clinicals, internships, and study abroad.
- Promote and develop relationships with potential employers to highlight program strengths, distinctions, and student achievements.
- Leverage the University’s Center for Teaching and Learning to support faculty and staff with educational resources and professional development to provide ongoing and innovative strategies that enhance teaching, learning, and foster leadership.
- Enhance accessibility in all learning environments to create an equitable learning experience.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn new technologies to complement classroom learning.
- Continue to strive for parity of resources and services for distance students to provide a rich learning environment and university experience.
- Implement inclusive recruiting and search committee training to facilitate an increase in diversity among faculty and staff.
- Create a welcoming community to retain and empower all faculty and staff.
- Invest in increasing salaries to become competitive in hiring and retaining a diverse faculty and staff.