Welcome to Ponder Review
Our reading period for Volume 5, Issue 2:
June 15, 2021-September 15, 2021
Ponder Review welcomes
- Flash Fiction
- Creative Nonfiction
- Short plays
- New media
- Visual art
More details for submissions on our Submit page or on Submittable:
The second annual 10:4 TENN Ten-Minute Play Contest is OPEN!
Ponder Review, in partnership with the Tennessee Williams Tribute Festival, is launching our second annual 10:4 Tenn Playwright Contest! This competition seeks to recognize and honor the Southern experience and the legacy of Columbus’s native son, Tennessee Williams, through the craft of playwriting.
The top three playwrights will receive a cash prize, a festival pass, and have their 10-minute plays produced and performed in front of a live audience at the Tennessee Williams Tribute Festival. Directors and actors will be students from the Mississippi University for Women Department of Theatre.
Each play will be read by the staff of Ponder Review for the first round, then after carefully making their selections, the finalists will be sent off to the final judge, award winning playwright, Brett Neveu who will decide the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Winners will be announced Spring 2022.
1st place winner will be awarded a $200 cash prize as well as an interview and publication in the Fall issue of Ponder Review.
2nd place will be awarded a $150 cash prize, and 3rd place will be awarded a $100 cash prize.
10:4 TENN 10-Minute Play Contest Submission Guidelines
- Plays must be at maximum 10 minutes long and inspired by the work of Tennessee Williams, the South, or southern experience loosely defined.
- Maximum cast of 5 characters
- Play must include character and set descriptions.
- Gratuitous language or violence are not encouraged.
- Submissions should be Times New Roman 12pt font, double-spaced, in standard playwriting format
- Limit 1 play per playwright
- Along with submission, include a bio and brief synopsis of the play
- Musicals will not be accepted
- Plays should be unpublished. Ponder Review requires first-time North American publishing rights and retains the right to reprint accepted submissions in subsequent anthologies even after publication rights have reverted back to author.
- By entering this contest, the playwright claims sole ownership of work submitted and accepts responsibility for any appropriated material. Mississippi University for Women and Ponder Review accept no liability for any work used without permission.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please contact Ponder Review if your work has been accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts should contain no identifying information and must be submitted through Submittable only.
- Students and alumni of Mississippi University for Women may not submit to Ponder Review for at least 5 years post graduation.
- Submissions will be accepted from September 16, 2021 until December 14, 2021