COLUMBUS, Miss. - As the new executive chef of MUW Dining Services, Chef Matthew Molina offers Southern comfort food and a variety of international cuisines daily.
“Chef Molina is an outstanding addition to our dining team and we are excited for the culinary experiences he is already bringing to students and The W Community,” said Ricky Cameron, general manager of MUW Dining Services.
Chef Molina earned a culinary degree from Texas Culinary Academy – Le Cordon Bleu in Austin, Texas, and then had the honor of working under a classically French trained chef for many years.
With more than 20 years of experience, Chef Molina has served as a sous chef, executive chef, culinary instructor and manager in kitchen construction and organization in new restaurants and high-end grocery store chains.
Additionally, Molina appeared on WCBI for special In the Kitchen features and has been a featured food writer in eat. drink. Mississippi magazine and the Meridian Star magazine.
“Cooking is about adapting to your current situation and making things happen. We’ve got some really cool, new ideas to introduce to students, faculty and the public this coming school year. I could not be more excited,” said Chef Molina.
Chef Molina is just as passionate about cooking as he is about providing a safe and healthy environment for guests and Sodexo employees at MUW Dining Services.
MUW Dining Services is taking every precaution to deliver safe, high-quality food in a carefully controlled environment. Safeguarding the health and well-being of every member of the campus community is our highest priority.
MUW Dining Services COVID- 19 safety measures:
• Signs encouraging social distancing with the use of one-way flow to reduce congestion of crowded walkways.
• Face masks will be worn by all staff members and patrons of the dining services.
• Two cashiers will be monitoring patrons entering the dining hall as well as reducing the crowding in the waiting areas.
• All dining locations will feature transparent dividers/shields at cashier registers to encourage social distancing between patron/students/faculty/staff and Sodexo employees.
• Crowd dividers for each serving station to enforce social distancing.
• Each serving station including drink stations will serve the patrons and be equipped with prep-packaged utensils. There will be no self-serving of any food or beverage at this time.
• All condiments are prep-package and given out with the patron's request.
• Grab and go as well as takeout options will be offered to students.
• To-go plates/containers will be free of charge until further notice.