COLUMBUS, Miss.-- The Office of Campus Recreation at Mississippi University for Women has worked diligently to re-open doors again. Campus Recreation has taken several measures to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.
“We are glad to be reopening our doors because we know just how vital Campus Recreation is to The W community. Although our operations will look a little different, please know that all of these changes have been made in a sincere effort to protect the health of all who enter our facilities,” said Glen Halbert, associate director of Facilities Operations and Intramurals.
The Stark Recreation Center will become available through a three-phase reopening plan and will operate under limited hours Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Phase One begins Wednesday, July 29. The subsequent phases will launch according to the success of the first-phase.
Phase One will begin will limit capacity to 20 W student, staff and/or faculty participants. The center will remain closed to the public. The membership office will remain closed. Track access will be restricted and RecFit classes will not be offered.
Participants must reserve a 50-minute workout spot via Signup.com 24-hours in advance and will need to follow our COVID-19 protocols.
Specific instructions on how to register for a time slot were sent through campus email. Sign-ups are limited to one day and one time slot per day.
Campus Rec COVID-19 Policies:
• Patrons must reserve 50-minute spot, 24 hours in advance via Signup.com link (Must use MUW/MSMS email address to sign-up)
• All guests will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entry
• If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, entry will not be permitted
• Must sanitize hands frequently
• Must maintain 6 feet apart at all times
• Must wipe down equipment after each use
• Look for detailed list of altered/suspended services posted throughout facility
• Must arrive no later than 20 minutes for your time-slot or it will be nullified
Your health is a priority. Campus Recreation has implemented the following measures:
• Additional cleaning shifts have been created to ensure all equipment is frequently sanitized
• A sanitizing mister using a COVID-19 EPA approved solution will be used throughout the day
• Additional hand sanitizers have been placed around facility
• Equipment has been moved to allow for social distancing
• Capacity has been limited to reduce exposure
• Towel, locker, shower access and all equipment checkout has been suspended
• Basketball courts and racquet ball courts are closed
• All fee-based fitness programming suspended
• No towel service
• No shower access
• No equipment checkout of any sort
• No cash
• No track in Phase 1 & Phase 2
• No basketball gyms
• No racquetball courts
• No guest passes
• No Functional Fitness classes
• No Personal Training
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2020