Moving In 2020
Housing and Residence Life is looking forward to your arrival on campus in just a few weeks! As you are preparing to join us on campus, there are a few updates to our processes that you need to know in order to transition smoothly:
Before you arrive:
- Review the “What to Bring List” at https://www.muw.edu/housing/future/movingin/whattobring.
- Note items that you might not have thought to pack, such as masks and a thermometer
- Review the Campus Renewal Plan at https://www.muw.edu/renewal
- Monitor for Covid-19 symptoms using the Symptom Checker at https://www.muw.edu/
We will be adhering to CDC guidelines regarding physical distancing; therefore, we will be expanding Move-in Day over the course of several days. Based on your housing placement, we assigned your Move-In Day/Time.
Dollies and carts will be available for limited use on your move-in day, but we will not be able to offer volunteer and/or staff to assist with your unloading. Students will be allowed 2 guests (no children) to assist with their unloading and unpacking, during their assigned date and time. Outside guest assistance will not be permitted after your move-in window has closed.
To complete check-in, you will:
- Arrive on campus during your assigned time and follow the traffic and parking directions to your building
- Check-in with the Housing staff in your assigned lobby (This will be a contactless process)
- Unload in the designated unloading zone (you will have limited time in the unloading zone)
- Follow directional signage on the use of elevators and stairs
- Before you start unpacking, move your vehicle into a student parking space. During move-in days Callaway Parking Lot, and the parking spots in the front of Jones and Kincannon Halls are for Unloading only.
All faculty, staff, and students are required to wear face coverings (not N-95 or medical masks as those should be reserved for healthcare professionals) unless walking alone in an outdoor space or working alone in a personal office space. Individuals visiting campus are also subject to the same face-covering requirement. For more information visit: https://www.muw.edu/renewal/health.
Offices Open on Move-In Days
Financial Aid: By appointment only (https://signup.com/go/iOhXeDj or call 662-329-7114)
Barnes & Nobel Bookstore: M-F, 8am-5pm
University Accounting: M-F, 8 am-5 pm
Police/ID Making: Cochran Hall August 12th-21st (Times TBA)