It’s easy to contribute to campus sustainability efforts! When you leave a room, turn off the lights, put your computer in power save mode, and unplug all charging devices not in use. Walk to class, don’t drive, and drop your recycling into a Blue Recycling Bin along the way.
Did you know it can be pretty easy to help the environment, even on campus? Here's 10 easy things you can do to help The W Go Green!
- Turn your lights off when you leave the room.
- Set your computer to conserve energy use. Go to your control panel, then power options and select the power saver mode.
- Turn your computer, monitor, and printer off at the end of the work day.
- Do not allow water leaks to continue. Turn in a work order to the Facilities Management department
- Use your window shades properly to allow light in, but keep heat out in the summer and allow heat in in the winter. Roll your shades upward in the summer and downward in the winter.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevators, in addition to saving energy, you will improve your health.
- Walk to and from your next campus appointment instead of taking your car.
- Assign someone to turn off lights in restrooms, classrooms, closets, and other unused spaces.
- Stop Air Leaks. Report doors and windows that have leaks in them to Facilities Management for correction.
- Unplug phone chargers when you aren't charging.