Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does each class cost?
- Do I have to pay a separate charge for my CEU, OSL, SEMI, or CECH certificate?
- Can I pay with a Purchase Order?
- Is every class approved for CEU, OSL, and SEMI credit?
- Can I get a refund?
- Can I switch to another class than the one I registered for?
- How is the class set up and what is expected of me?
- How is my response paper graded?
- Do I have to log into my class on a certain day and time?
- If a class has already started, can I still register for it?
- When will I receive my CEU, OSL or SEMI certificate?
- I turned in my paper and do not see a grade for it?
How much does each class cost?
No, the price of your continued education certificate is included in your registration fee.
Yes. All of our Professional Learning Academy classes have been approved by for CEU, OSL, and SEMI credit through the Mississippi Department of Education.
No. As stated on our website and on the Professional Learning Academy application, all of our classes are non-refundable.
If the class you have registered for has not started yet, then we will be able to switch you to another class. If the class has already begun, we will not be able to do so.
Each class is set up to be open for six weeks. When your class opens on the start date, you will have six weeks to complete six assignments and an evaluation. Typically, assignments require you to read or watch the provided materials and write a one-page reflection.
Each response paper is graded as pass or fail. We are not grading for grammatical error, but your paper must meet the criteria listed in the syllabus. All papers that are not original work will be disqualified and the participant will no longer be able to participate in the class.
No, each class is completely self-paced. Once your class starts, you will have all assignments available and can complete them anytime during the six weeks.
No. Registration closes the Friday before the course starts.
Certificates are mailed within a week after the course closes. You will receive an email receipt the day it is mailed. It will be mailed to the address you listed on your application.
Once you complete assignments, please allow 2-3 business days for your grade to be posted.