Host Continuing Education Unit Workshops
Agencies wishing to sponsor a workshop or conference for CEU credit from The W must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Complete a CEU Request Form.
- Submit the Request form to the Office of Professional Learning at least two weeks before the workshop is offered, along with an agenda for the program that includes a breakdown of contact hours and the facilitator’s resume or vita. If the program is approved, the Office of Professional Learning will notify the agency making the request, within three days of the approval date, and will send the agency CEU applications for its program participants.
- Participants who do not attend for the required number of hours (10 hours for every CEU) will not receive full credit for that conference or workshop. MUW will not award CEUs for workshops less than 5 hours in length.
In order for participants to receive a CEU Certificate
- Upon completion of the workshop or conference, participants will mail their completed CEU application and $20 CEU fee to our office. Each participant’s application must be signed by the sponsor of the workshop or conference, confirming that the participant attended for the required number of hours. For one-time workshops and events, the completed CEU application should be submitted within one month of program completion. For instance, if the workshop ends on November 3, the participant has until December 3 to mail their form into our office. CEU Application plus payment of $20.00 must be mailed to MUW, Office of Professional Learning, 1100 College Street, MUW-1635, Columbus, MS 39701.
- For one-time workshops and events, applications must be mailed within one month of the event's completion. If application is for a school district’s professional development program, then the deadline to receive credit is October 1st of the next school year.
- Within two weeks from receipt of the above materials, the Office of Professional Learning will mail participants a certificate verifying that they have completed the workshop or conference.