At the recommendation of the Campus Renewal Task Force, the plan to return employees to normal campus operations on July 6 has been extended to July 27.
Employees who can effectively perform the essential functions of their job remotely while maintaining university operations, may continue to telecommute with the approval of their supervisor. However, as campus prepares for the return of our students in the fall, there will be some offices that require employees to return to campus to work a regular schedule beginning July 6. While supervisors are encouraged to be flexible, they must also ensure the needs of their department are met.
Guidelines for Telecommuting through July 27:
- Telecommuting should not hinder the workflow or deadlines of other offices or departments. It is expected that business operations function normally and work is processed promptly.
- Campus mail needs to be checked and processed daily.
- Email should be checked and responses handled in a timely manner. The out-of-office feature should be utilized if an employee is out on leave and not able to handle daily responsibilities.
- Phones should be forwarded and answered in a professional manner.
- Depending on the function of the department, some employees will return to campus on July 6. It is at the discretion of the supervisor to determine if employees can continue to telecommute or whether employees will return. Check with your supervisor.
- Offices that provide services for students on campus should have regular office hours. General office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Employees working on campus must follow safety and health protocol which includes wearing a mask in public areas and areas where physical distancing is not possible. For more information, visit the COVID-19 information page: https://www.muw.edu/disease
- Telecommuting agreements do not need to be updated unless you have changes to make.